Metalworking Solutions is currently seeking a CNC laser cutting machine operator to oversee the cutting of sheet metal parts on a variety of fiber and CO2 Amada lasers. Ideal candidates will have two or more years’ experience with Amada or similar CNC laser cutting machines. The ability to identify different gauges and alloys of sheet metal is critical to this individual’s success.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate the CNC laser cutting machine and other machinery used in the production process, or assist other machine operators.
- Select and set up lenses based on material type and thickness, load programs, and set machine parameters to ensure optimal performance of the equipment.
- Knowledge about shield gases used during laser cutting operation.
- Monitor fill level of bulk tank system and report reordering levels to the supervisor.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with fast-changing priorities.
- Work with automated loading and storage system.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
- Follow all company rules and policies.
- Follow all safety rules and quality standards.
- Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Assemble items as instructed by shift leader or floor supervisor.
- Prepare product for shipment when requested.
- Lift raw materials, final products, and items packed for shipment, manually, or using hoist.
- Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine operators.
- Uphold all ISO and OSHA standards applicable to the responsibilities above.
- Be dependable, follow instructions, respond to management direction, take responsibility for own actions, keep commitments, commit to long hours of work when needed to reach goals and complete tasks on time, or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan of action.
- Ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision while meeting all product quality requirements.
Required Skills / Experience
The candidate must demonstrate and / or be familiar with the following:
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Knowledge of tooling and tool maintenance.
- Proven measurement and mathematical fraction/decimal conversion skills.
- Ability to distinguish material types including Aluminum, Steel, Stainless Steel, Copper and Brass.
- Flexible schedule is required; this position requires shift work as well as some weekend work.
- Candidate has to be a strong team player.
- Candidate has to be reliable.
- Communications proficiency, written and verbal
- Problem solving/analysis
- Ability to read shop drawings and specifications.
- Be familiar with material utilization concepts
- Dealing with Complexity
- Detail oriented
- Sheet metal and/ or Structural steel fabrication experience
- Manufacturing Methods and Procedures
- Manufacturing Quality, Product Development
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or GED.
Experience in Fabrication and sheet metal work.
Ability to read and interpret blueprints, documents, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and use micrometers, calipers, height gages and other gages as situations dictate. Ability to complete quality documents.
Being capable to read blueprints, Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, and percent and convert from or to metric dimensions.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be familiar with lifting techniques. Must be able to lift 60 lbs. regularly. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Plant environment. Ear and eye protection are required. You occasionally may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, some exposure to non-hazardous fumes or airborne particles. The noise level is usually moderate. Eye protection is required in the form of a welding helmet or safety glasses as situations dictate.
Financial compensation will be commensurate with applicable experience. Metalworking Solutions provides a competitive benefit package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance choices, and the ability to participate in a 401k-retirement plan.
Email your resume to:
or complete the application below: